Adastra Group is a leading provider of Information Management solutions to global Fortune 1000 companies. One of Canada`s 50 Best Managed companies, Adastra has over 2100 employees worldwide with headquarters in Canada and the Czech Republic and offices in Russia, Germany, Slovakia, Thailand and Bulgaria.
Adastra Bulgaria was founded in the year 2007 and currently has three offices in the cities of Sofia, Varna and Plovdiv. Our portfolio includes various projects in the areas of Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Integration, Master Data Management, Big Data and Mobile Development for large clients, such as Bank of Montreal, Volkswagen and Vivacom.
We are currently looking for a talented Business Intelligence Consultant to fill the opened position in our professional teams.
The successful candidate should have a sound understanding of Business Intelligence best practices, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, structured query language (SQL) and Data Warehousing. He/she will be responsible for BI development and implementations. The DWH consultant must possess a focus on client delivery, preparedness, organization, and a positive attitude towards a fast-paced environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze business and reports’ requirements
- Translate the reporting requirements into data analysis and reporting solutions
- Analyze logical data models and create working frameworks with facts, attributes, hierarchies, metrics and relationships
- Analyze physical sources and create logical tables, dimensions, columns and aggregation rules
- Design and develop reports utilizing different BI tools
- Build dashboards with different types of data visualizations (charts, maps, funnels, gauges etc.)
- Help in the development of complex ad hoc queries and analysis
- Develop reports to control data purity
- Advise clients on specific BI solutions according to their environment
- Perform unit testing and performance tuning of reports and queries
Required Skills, Education, Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in Computer Science or related numerate / quantitative subject
- Hands-on experience in one of the following BI tools – MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects, Power BI, Microsoft SSRS/SSAS, OBIEE, IBM Cognos/Cognos TM1, QlikView or Tableau
- Solid knowledge and experience with SQL, PL/SQL and/or T-SQL
- Understanding data warehouse architecture with a dimensional data model
- Interest and ability to learn new BI tools and technologies
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Capability to approach problems as challenges and deal with them constructively
- English language proficiency (spoken and written)
- German language is an advantage
- Ability to travel abroad
What Adastra can offer you:
- Challenging projects in an international environment where open communication and knowledge sharing are encouraged
- Competitive compensation package and bonus scheme based on the personal performance review approach to recognition
- Comprehensive benefit plan
- Information and training sessions
- Successful referral program
- The opportunity to work with one of the best in the IM field
Are you ready to join a dynamic team of Information Management professionals committed to deliver best-in class solutions and services to the world’s leading organizations? Apply now and send your resume in English or German at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested applicants, but will only contact the short-listed ones.