Do you want to be part of a team pioneering advanced analytics throughout the world? Do you want to directly affect the lives of millions of customers in the markets of tomorrow? At Amplify, we are helping organizations to make use of existing data to take successful fact-based commercial decisions.
We are looking for a self-driven Senior Data Scientist with hands-on experience in the fields such as machine learning and predictive modelling but also software engineering, database management and big data concepts. You are at the intersection point of computer and data science, and you will put those skills to practice building analytical solutions applied in commercial decision-making.
Within 30 days you will:
• Become close with the Amplify family, strategy, and 2020 vision.
• Get familiar with our ways of working, our can-do attitude and our experience.
• Understand our current and past projects, as well as our pipeline of work.
• Embark on your first client-facing project at Amplify.
Within 60 days you will:
Be fully involved with an account or project to assists our clients with their analytical needs:
Gather, analyse and summarize information of multiple types
Working with Big Data and customer information, you will be the go-to person for the extraction, cleansing and review of huge volumes of data from various sources.
Design, Develop and service scalable analytics solutions
You will be involved in every step of building end-to-end analytics solutions. This will require you to not only build the solutions but also deliver them in a scalable manner.
Formulate problem statements and test them
You will often work closely with our business analysts to formulate problems statements, which will then be formulated into technical challenges. You will also help us estimate the feasibility of future projects. s
Develop and communicate recommendations
Based on the outputs of the analytical models that we have built together, we will need to be clear in our recommendations to our clients. Although our business analysts will be driving engine of the communications process, your knowledge of the data and the analytical approach will be vital to forming our final insights and explaining our models.
Educate your peers
Part of our strategy is for senior data scientists to help their junior colleagues grow. You will help the team to grow both technically and commercially by spreading your expertise
Work on a daily basis with a diverse group of individuals from across the globe
Having data scientists and business analysts working closely together has proven to be the most efficient for our complex large-scale projects. You will always have a business analyst counterpart, and all Amplify team members will be there to help at any time. From a client perspective, you will work with a wide range of stakeholders starting at analyst level all the way up to C-suite level. We work with global clients all across the world.
Within 90 days you will:
• Be a self-sufficient senior team member, capable of leading multiple engagements simultaneously, delivering tangible and timely insights in efficient and agile collaboration with your colleagues.
We treasure diversity and encourage candidates with different backgrounds and experience to apply
• Education – BSc or higher in Statistics, Econometrics, Applied mathematics, Computer science or another related field
• Hands-on data science experience in industry or in a client-facing role in at a professional services firm.
• Extensive experience preferably with Python or other advanced modelling tools (R, Julia, Spark etc.)
• Practical experience of building data pipelines
• Understanding of clean data principles as well as data modelling in relational databases
• Practical experience with relational databases, scripting and programming languages
• Experience with REST APIs
• Experience with Azure would be a great advantage
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to translate technical language to a non-technical audience
• Fluent/Native English proficiency is an absolute must.
• Candidates with 4-10 years of experience in a related field would be ideal for the role of Senior Data Scientist.
• Any experience of studying or working in an international environment would be an advantage.
• Track record of analytics applied in industry or in consultancy projects.
When choosing Amplify, here’s what you need to know:
• We work with international clients, so travel is occasional, conference calls are daily.
• Dynamic is one way to describe Amplify. We have ambitious growth plans which means you will be joining a growing, changing, evolving, learning, and never-giving-up, can-do organization. At the same time, challenges are faced as a team, in which people respect each other.
• Flat structure and relaxed, sensible atmosphere – we are goal-oriented which means as long as we deliver on time and up to a great standard, we don’t care how you come dressed to work, if you work from a beach on Fridays or if you bring your dog along.
• Work-life balance is a priority and we take this seriously – we know that happy people are productive people.
• We will compete for every piece of the pie – the world’s top consultancies are up against us, so our level of interaction and deliverables need to be exceptional.
• The opportunity to grow and learn is on the table, it’s up to you to grab it and make the best out of it. Create your own destiny.
• Very competitive pay and performance-based bonus system¬¬
Send your CV, give us a couple of days, and we will contact you if we see a good fit.