BrightPoint is a talent acquisition agency founded by entrepreneurs with over 15 years of experience in investment advisory and management consulting. The team includes experienced and energetic young professionals with achievements proven through the years – more than 300 closed positions and over 80% recruitment success rate. Our services include recruitment, headhunting, talent acquisition and employer branding, in terms of sectors focus is on experts & management and information & communication technologies.
One of our clients is a quantitative asset management firm founded in 2007 and currently has over 450 employees globally. They develop and deploy systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes in global markets, utilizing a proprietary research platform and risk management process.
Their research subsidiary in Sofia is seeking mathematics, computer science, physics and engineering majors for quantitative researcher position, involving the creation of computer-based models that seek to predict the movements of worldwide financial markets. Candidates do not need any prior knowledge of financial markets but must have a strong interest in learning about stock markets and financial markets. The highly accomplished senior staff will provide the new hires with mentoring and guidance to help them succeed.
Research is at the core of the company. Through rigorous exploration and unconstrained thinking about how to apply data to the financial markets, researchers are in constant search of new Alphas. They strive to understand data in ways competitors don’t believe is possible. Researchers at employ tested processes seeking to identify high-quality predictive signals that company believes are undiscovered by the wider market. These signals are mathematical expressions of data that are used as inputs in our quantitative models.
• Degree from a leading university (Ph.D. or M.Sc. preferred but B.Sc. graduates with honors acceptable) in a highly analytical field, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Financial Engineering or any other related field that is highly analytical and quantitative;
• Ranked as top 20% in class for bachelor’s degree, graduated with honors;
• Have a research scientist mind-set, i.e., be a deep thinker, creative, persevering, smart, a self-starter, etc.;
• Be competent in a programming language (Python, C++ or similar);
• Possess good English language skills;
• Have a strong interest in learning about worldwide financial markets;
• Exhibit strong work ethic.
• The opportunity to join a dynamic structure and a team of competent professionals;
• Competitive financial rewards, relative to performance and position;
• Multinational environment with great opportunities for development;
• Excellent terms and remuneration package.