Lufthansa Technik is the world’s leading provider for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) of aircraft components and engines with more than 50 years’ experience in helping the world’s leading airlines deliver top-quality products at competitive rates.
Lufthansa Technik Sofia performs heavy maintenance checks on the Airbus A320 family and Boeing B737. Variety of functions for the worldwide network of Lufthansa Technik is also centralized in the company which is situated at Sofia airport and operates since October 2008.
In connection with development of our processes and company growth we are now looking for:
Technical Documentation Expert
The role of the Technical Documentation Expert is:
● Functionally responsible for the family of the Local Technical Assistants in the ONE Planning & Engineering department (located in Malta, Budapest, Sofia, Shannon & Aguadilla);
● Continuously develop Local Technical Assistants service level agreements for interfacing parties;
● Ensure qualitative and standard output from Local Technical Assistants;
● Еnsure OPE strategy and targets are met;
● Promote and propose improvements to the processes and infrastructure (including FAR+ Process Architecture);
● Perform auditing activities related to the service level agreements and standards within OPE;
● Assess new requirements from customers and develop optimum solutions;
● Continuously improve the cost position and efficiency of the Local Technical Assistants (e.g. Data Entry process);
● Develop and implement concept for Central Technical Library within the SixToONE network;
● Actively search for new business opportunities in the area of maintenance data and records;
● Liaise with other LHT Departments and promote synergies;
● Develop training concept for OPE Local Technical Assistants;
● Develop KPIs for Local Technical Assistants and monitor trends; present those trends to the respective managers and advise on measures;
● Ensure EASA/ FAA compliance in Technical Library;
● Promote IP rights awareness within the team and ensure IP rights compliance of procedures;
● Implement and ensure US Export Control regulations compliance of procedures;
● Ensure knowledge sharing between Local Technical Assistants;
● Promote the global team spirit in the different locations in OPE.
To be successful with the role you need to have:
● University degree and at least two years of experience in aircraft base maintenance environment;
● Excellent knowledge of aircraft documentation and EASA Part 145 requirements;
● Good knowledge of FAA/EASA requirements, IP rights, US Export Control regulations with regards to documentation, archiving, technology – maintenance records and maintenance data;
● Understanding and experience in handling and control of maintenance data and revisions;
● Deep understanding of all maintenance data and records processes and existing service level agreements;
● Awareness about potential implications within OPE and all other interfacing departments;
● Fluent in English (both written and spoken);
● Have good presentation and training skills;
● Effective communication skills and business negotiation skills;
● Strong leadership skills;
● Good intercultural skills;
● Team orientated;
● Commercial awareness;
The offer best suits you…
If you enjoy working in a fast paced, team focused and friendly environment with plenty of opportunities for personal development.
We are looking forward to receiving your resume in English!
We highly appreciate your interest in our company and we can guarantee that each application will be considered with strict attention and confidentiality. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accept the challenge to join us!
In connection with the current recruitment campaign for an employee for the announced position, your CV data and your contacts will be collected and recorded by Lufthansa Technik Sofia OOD. Some of the information that you provide voluntarily is personal information and falls under the special protection regime under the Law on Personal Data Protection. We inform you and you agree that the personal data provided by you will be processed for the purposes of the current selection process as well as stored for realization of future recruitment not longer than 3 years regarding the legitimate obligations of the data controller. Your data will be stored within the abovementioned period as the end of the campaign. We consider that the end of the campaign is the moment of acceptance of the job offer by the candidate to whom we have proposed the position. Lufthansa Technik Sofia OOD can provide your personal information to corporate bodies and individuals who are assigned to actions and activities relating to the selection process and in respect of any future recruitment.