Senior Finance Analyst PS CoE
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to over 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, VMware celebrates twenty years of breakthrough innovation benefiting business and society.
The Senior Finance Analyst position in Sofia will have responsibilities around financial planning and analysis work with the Sales Organization. The role will also include reporting and business partnering to drive meaningful business decisions based on financial information.
- Support the Sales Finance Organization planning/ forecasting/ quarter-end processes and activities. The role is with Professional Services Finance team.
- Work with multiple business partners, develop an understanding of their business and translate that into operational and financial information. Additionally, the role will focus on business partnering with the Professional Services Center of Excellence located in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Prepare and present variance analysis to consolidating group on forecast/ planning/ quarter-end
- Drive monthly and quarterly close activities including preparing accruals and reconciliations
- Measure and clearly explain business results. Activities include maintaining financial models, preparing forecasts and working with peers in FP&A to understand allocations, cross-charges and other variances
- Review and approve expenses in procurement system as well as headcount requisitions
- Drive steady improvements to and automation of current processes and new data sets with a focus to drive innovative analyses and operating efficiency
- Perform complex ad-hoc analyses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- At least 3-5 years of experience in finance with an emphasis on financial analysis and modeling techniques with or on behalf of large companies
- Experience interfacing and partnering with business teams
- Strict attention to detail and focus on producing a high quality product
- Strong initiative and desire to work in a team-oriented and remote environment
- Capable of independently managing multiple tasks in a highly deadline-driven environment with a high level of precision
- Excellent English (written and verbal) communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and experience in working with ERP
- Expertise and proficiency in building financial and decision support models
- Interest in data management and analytics
- Strong communication skills
- Attractive compensation package – competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, a company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path – career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular
- performance assessment, strong FP&A team
- Healthy work environment – company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program,
- sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre employment screening process before you join.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.